Managing inventory is one of the key components of a successful online business. To ensure that your most popular goods are constantly in stock, forecasting is necessary. But what about items that sell less often and occasionally run out of stock?
You definitely don’t want to push any campaign traffic to the product pages of sold-out items or put them at the top of your collections. This blog will take a look at a few best practices for setting an automatic-order rule to hide zero inventory and overall inventory management.
Utilize a third-party app
You can manage your store inventory with the use of several third-party apps. It automatically hides zero inventory from the online store sales channel in order to cover up them. Yet when they become available, it also immediately brings them back online. Moreover, it creates redirection so that 404 errors are avoided.
Remove the item from the sales channels
By unpublishing from a certain sales channel, you may probably conceal the goods from your store in the simplest manner possible. The default channel name for an online store is Online Store.
Follow these actions to hide zero inventory from the sales channel:
- Go to your product catalog and click on the details of a certain product.
- Click Manage under SALES CHANNELS AND APPS in the top-right corner.
- Click Done and Save after unchecking the selected channel.
- And the product is no longer available for purchase.
Change the product status to “draft”
Once a product is put to draft, it is no longer accessible and cannot be purchased through any channels.
Follow these procedures to change the product’s status to draft:
- Open the information of a certain product in your product catalog.
- Click the Active drop-down and select Draft from the Product status area in the upper right corner.
- The item is no longer visible after clicking Save.
Create rules for automated collection
You may add criteria to your automated collections to only show items that are in stock. When compared to the first two procedures, the following has the following advantages:
- There are no 404 errors (product pages are still accessible through direct links).
- Everything is automatic; there is no need for human labor; as soon as the product is once again accessible, it will be visible.
Modify the availability status of a product based on its inventory level
When a best-selling item is out of stock, you should change its status to “pre-order” to give you time to restock without losing out on demand. Meanwhile, stakeholders such as the Marketing team should be notified to work on marketing efforts, and the Purchasing team should be instructed to contact suppliers. With Atom8, all of these processes can be completed in a single straightforward procedure.
Hide zero inventory – In conclusion,
Atom8 allows you to use an app that allows you to create, manage, and automate an entire retail store. You can create automatic rules that automatically collect, and process, inventory for you. This app is an inventory management solution to help you mitigate zero inventory and hide zero inventory. Contact us today if you want to learn more about this advanced product.