Every eCommerce company relies on its technology stack to power its online operations. To accept payments, process orders, and move them to the fulfillment queue, you need a coordinated set of tools and technological solutions. In this essay, we’ll look at what eCommerce sales enablement is and some typical examples.
What is eCommerce sales enablement?
Sales enablement is a collection of tactics, tools, and procedures that enable sales personnel to increase their productivity and revenue growth. These technologies and methods boost sales rep efficiency by bringing automation, processes, analytics, and training tools to the forefront. Sales enablement software may also assist improve the accuracy and completeness of data in a CRM system.
In the contemporary digital environment, B2B sales enablement solutions are frequently buyer-focused, with the additional objective of assisting sellers in identifying the appropriate customers and engaging them throughout the customer journey. It involves reducing obstacles restricting easy interactions and a pleasant purchasing transaction.
Three ways eCommerce sales enablement may boost sales performance
- CRM data automation: These systems increase sales rep productivity by automating different sales processes, such as reminders to follow up with prospects. They also improve the accuracy and completeness of CRM data by gathering it automatically from salespeople.
- Tracking sales rep productivity: Poor sales rep productivity leads to lost deals. Tracking software identifies issue areas in a sales process and finds tactics that produce high and low performance in reps. Sales managers may intervene and fix bad performance and practices using tracking software.
- Consolidated content repositories: Sales reps may access centralized information, removing doubts about whether the correct version is being used and allowing sales organizations to standardize specific documents, procedures, and practices.
- Sales methods: Sales methodologies assist sales teams in mapping out procedures, standardization, and key performance indicators (KPIs). Sales methods offer structure to the sales process, making spotting broken or inefficient parts easier.
- Alignment of sales and marketing: Sales and marketing must collaborate on a single purpose to locate prospects who are ready to purchase and to engage customers on an ongoing basis through marketing initiatives.
- Buyer persona mapping: Businesses may now utilize software and procedures to divide their audiences and consumers based on buyer personas (different attributes that contribute to a sale, possibly of different products or at different times). Buyer personas are excellent tools for connecting with buyers via content and sales communication. Based on buyer personas, sales, and marketing may create templates for future action.
- Sales evaluations: Sales teams must evaluate sales performance using KPIs and individual effort evaluations. Individual and team performance data should be included in evaluations.
- Sales training: Companies require formalized ways for training sales representatives and improving performance. Sales techniques should be linked to training.
In the past, eCommerce companies were forced to handle various aspects of their operations using a variety of software tools and platforms. But eCommerce solutions have helped the environment change by enabling these many sectors to operate together effortlessly.
Our upsell and cross-sell application – Order Booster provides a complete eCommerce sales enablement solution that combines fulfillment, inventory management, and order management.