Many stores are converting into digital operations recently, making the market stiffer than ever. It’s not easy to raise revenue and increase profit. However, you can always find ways to save costs for your eCommerce business.
1. Optimize user experience on your website
If you want to hold a successful company, you must provide an exceptional experience to your consumers. However, customer service in person or over the phone isn’t enough as many of the first customer interactions with your brand take place online. Thus every component of your website should create a positive user experience. Make sure the buying journey is seamless from engagement to checkout. Any disruption in this process would drive your customers away and cause a loss of revenue.
2. Build loyalty programs
The loyalty programs help facilitate customer retention. Here is how you can create the most amazing loyalty programs:
- Choose a fantastic and impactful name
- Create a deeper sense of significance
- Reward a wide range of client behaviors
- Provide a variety of incentives to the people at large
- Make your ‘points’ as valuable as possible
- Non-monetary awards should be based on your consumers’ values
- Customers should be able to enroll in numerous ways
This is how you will be able to build loyalty programs, cut down on marketing costs and save money for your eCommerce store. Once successfully implemented, the retention rates will increase to a greater extent.
3. Effective packaging and delivery service
There are multiple techniques of packaging and delivery service. As a new business entrant into the market, it’s highly necessary to have an effective packaging and delivery service. Your packing should also be visually appealing and unique to your brand. Meanwhile, many companies start by cooperating with a logistics partner instead of handling it themselves. Smart, efficient, and affordable packaging of the products cut a lot of costs.
4. Supplier relationship management
Supplier relationship management is the enterprise-wide systematic assessment of the capabilities and strengths of suppliers. While employees run your company, suppliers make sure you have enough goods to provide customers. Therefore, always plan and work with suppliers in an organized and coordinated manner. Try to maintain this relationship and cut down the costs by choosing reliable supplying resources.
5. Automate Repetitive and Manual Tasks
Another amazing way to save overall costs is to employ eCommerce automation. Automating repetitive manual tasks saves a lot of time as it reduces the workload for your employees. Besides, the cost of management can be significantly decreased. Atom8 is the most successful automated solution for BigCommerce and Shopify merchants. The app allows for converting manual tasks into workflows that execute when needed. Some of the app features include:
- Auto-publish products
- Auto-categorize orders (based on value, locations, etc)
- Auto-segment customer (based on demographics, spending, the total number of order, etc)
- Auto-tag customers on CRM, email marketing, and delivery platforms
- Auto-generate reports & lists on Google Sheet
- Auto-notify of low-stock items, abandoned cart, or high-value orders
- Auto-detect and halt high-risk orders
Starting a business means managing marketing, tech, administrative duties, and customer service all at once. Sometimes, you will pay a lot more for the services offered than considered. There is a lot of rivalries on the internet. So, gain a competitive advantage over others by using these simple techniques.